Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A. minatrix coming soon!

We were lucky enough to get an eggsac from one of our A. minatrix females. This is especially exciting for me as this is my first eggsac from the species. I almost posted our A. minatrix breeding group for sale on Black Friday. I'm so glad I kept them! I cannot wait to find out if this eggsac contains tiny "Mina-Mini" babies. ^^

Pictured is Mom of above eggsac about a year ago

We will hopefully have some A. minatrix slings available as soon as next week. That group of slings was bred with the help of a friend - a fellow tarantula breeder. Whether our eggsac is good or not, we are so happy we will have slings to raise up and keep this breeding group strong, as well as some extras to be publicly available. Now that I have an eggsac from the species (my females have always molted after breeding) I'll be keeping these girls the rest of their days. Stay tuned for updates!


1 comment: