Saturday, March 16, 2013

Mexican Flame Knee


 In honor of Brachy week our B. auratum (Mexican Flame Knee) female has finally decided to accept the male. I'm ECSTATIC! I have been trying to breed this pair since 9/12. She had tried to kill him three or four times, ignored him at least twenty. I am concerned as I have never seen this guy make a sperm web. I have dug through his home to try and find remains to no avail. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he makes one in the next few days. He used both palps so I'm hoping he's empty - and needing a re-charge makes a sperm web. If anyone knows of a mature male, I would be very interested in working something out for him. This girl is still very receptive and I want to do everything in my power to make sure she is given the uh, necessary ingredients to produce a healthy, fertile eggsac.


No comments:

Post a Comment